Daily Skincare Routine
STEP 1: Cleansing
Cleansing is the most important thing you can do to have beautiful clear skin. It is imperative that this is done twice a day. Daily dirt, grime, pollutants, and makeup needs to be removed before applying any other products or makeup. Place a hot, damp washcloth on the face for 20 seconds, then remove it.
- Dispense 3 doses from the pump and gently massage all-over face, for 1-2 minutes.
- Use the damp washcloth to gently wipe off the Cleanser.
STEP 2: Toner
Removes residue, reduces pore size, preps skin for moisturising.
- Apply toner to entire face with cotton wool or clean tissue. If it’s a spray, apply to face and then gently wipe away with cotton wool or clean tissue.
STEP 3: Moisturising Cream and or Sunscreen Moisturiser.
- Apply to cleansed skin all over the face, around eyes, and neck as part of your morning and night routine.
- If skin is combination/Oily you still need a moisturiser to balance and nourish skin. Use appropriate Moisturiser for your skin type.
For use during the hotter months to refresh, soothe, cool and tone.
Cucumber Face Spritz can be used throughout the day, to set make-up, keep cool and soothe sunburn.
STEP 1: Cleansing
A natural and gentle cleanser before bed will reduce acne and breakouts and allows your skin to breathe and repair itself. Cell renewal happens while you sleep. Never go to bed with makeup on, as it can be a welcome sign for Black heads, acne and dull, tired looking skin prone to breakouts.
- Place a hot, damp washcloth on the face for 20 seconds, then remove it.
- Dispense 3 doses from the pump and gently massage all-over face, for 1-2 minutes. If its cream in a jar, apply 5 cent piece size and massage gently.
- Use the warm, damp washcloth to gently wipe off the Cleanser.
STEP 2: Face Scrub Exfoliation
An exfoliating scrub is very important for removing dead skin cells, and revealing new, fresh skin. It prevents ingrown hairs, blocked pores and white heads/Pimples.
- Apply face scrub (every 3rd day) with fingertips to damp skin using a gentle circular motion, avoiding the eyes.
- Leave on for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove with warm water, and face cloth. You may use Cleanser to remove if desired.
If you prefer less ‘scrubbiness’ you can combine any of these 3 products for a custom feel, Cleanser with Scrub, makes it gentler and creamier. Clay Mask with Scrub for a thorough cleansing detox. Leave on for 15 minutes or until dry. Wash off with warm water and face cloth.
STEP 3: Face Serum
For glowing skin, use nightly to nourish, tone and renew
- Shake well before applying
- Apply a few drops onto cleansed face, around eyes, and neck, concentrating on wrinkles.
STEP 4: Night Cream or Moisturiser
Suggested for Normal to Dry Skin.
Smooth all over face, around eyes, and neck
You only need a small amount.
- If skin is combination/Oily you still need a moisturiser to balance and nourish skin.
- Use appropriate “Light” Moisturiser for your skin type.
- Use about 50 cent piece size. Apply to fingertips and massage face, avoiding eyes.
- Leave on for 20 minutes or until dry, then wash off with warm, water and damp face cloth or clean tissues. Use a little cleanser to remove all traces
- Follow with toner and then Moisturiser
How to Use and Store
For Creams and Lotions
Best method is to apply to affected areas after a shower or bath when the skin is most absorbent. Apply 3-4 times per day or as needed. Ointments can be used in massage therapies and have a very good coverage per small amount. The creams, balms and ointments can also be used as a salve and placed on non stick gauze in contact with the skin and bandage holds it in place.
In very hot weather, store your skin products in the fridge if not using daily.
To help your soap last longer whilst showering, Wet your hands and body, lather up the soap in your hands then apply all over, instead of using the soap under hot running water to lather up directly. This will give you many more showers and better value. You may be accustomed to using commercial soaps differently but they are inherently full of chemicals and Palm oil which makes the bars hard. So natural soaps are much softer.
You need a Soap Deck! Keep soaps dry between use and do not leave them sitting in a puddle or under hot running water, as this will turn your natural soap to mush.
If you find that your soap is still too soft, leave it in the cupboard to cure for a longer period of time. Not all bars are the same or contain the same oils, and highly moisturising soaps are much softer than regular soaps.
The longer you leave your soap the harder it will cure. Use within 2 years for most soap, 3 years for Castile.
Taking care of natural soaps is important. You need to keep the soap dry between uses and a draining soap dish will accomplish this.
Best time to use these are after a bath or shower to towel dried skin. Apply sparingly to affected areas as needed. The balms have good massage coverage so only a little is needed to rub in. If you suffer severe eczema or related skin disorders you may also smear the cream onto a clean cloth or non stick pad and apply as a compress or leave overnight. Bandage it to keep in place
Topical products will only nourish and moisturise the skin alleviating the uncomfortable symptoms, seeing a Naturopath will address the cause more thoroughly.
Spritzes can be sprayed on linen, clothing, hair, face, body, depending on type. A Room Spritz is for exactly that, the room. Caution, do not spray on varnished surfaces or on your pets. Cover fish tanks and bird cages and allow your cat or dog to leave the room.
Always do a patch test on your inner wrist and apply a band-aid. If you notice nothing in 18-24 hours, the product is safe to use. If you have any concerns or you ever have ANY reaction, discontinue use and see your healthcare professional. To date, there have been no side effects or reactions by anyone using these products.
Keep products out of direct light, store in the fridge and use only CLEAN fingers or tissue when dipping them in the jar. This will keep the product fresh and long lasting. ENJOY!
Look after your products, and they will continue to look after you!